Friday, October 17, 2008

Passion

I thought it was a secret ballot. I thought no one was going to malign, criticize, or try to force my decision. I once thought politics were not a topic for polite conversation.

This is why I will not discuss candidates or join political groups on Facebook or MySpace. I don't need people hating me, calling me stupid, saying I've been brainwashed, telling me I'm heartless, assuming that I can't possibly believe what I believe.

And I thought it was bad hearing those things about my choice of religion. . .

4 comments:

Giggles said...

I know exactly what you mean.

Laresa said...

You know I'll call you stupid no matter what your political beliefs. It's what I do.

Bethani said...

This is why I am glad that Dan and I are both open minded and willing to discuss our differing political opinions.

Heidi said...

-->Laresa
Ha ha. Yeah. It brings me comfort. :)