Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Random Ranting

Even if you wear a t-shirt under it, it's still a tube top and it's still usually ugly.

Nasty-a flip-flops aren't sexy, especially when you have nasty-a heels and eventually they give you nasty-a plantar fasciitis and possibly nasty-a fallen arches.

If you are not Pat Benatar or appropriately awesome, the "cuffed shorts/high heels/leg-warmers" look is something to avoid.

I thought trucker hats went out of style four years ago. Apparently I was wrong.

Sometimes facial hair doesn't make you look cooler, it makes you look weirder.

If you're over 40, you should probably avoid shopping at Charlotte Russe; bits and pieces here and there are fine, but your closet probably shouldn't look like their sales floor.

The sign says "no same-day appointments or walk-ins" and I MEAN IT.

Just because you can zip the pants up doesn't mean you should be wearing them.

Jocelyn Wildenstein is a walking horror and should have been in therapy instead of a plastic surgeon's office.

Do not illegally pass me on your stupid motorcycle at 35 MPH in a 20 MPH school zone. You're not sexy when you do that.

If your shoes hurt your feet so much that you're limping after only 4 hours at your DESK JOB, you should probably rethink them.

Cell phones should be turned to silent, not vibrate, if you have a front desk position.

Sometimes you should just put down the foils and step away from the color. Especially you in the quad. You there. Your hair looks like bad wig hair.

I will never understand the girls who bring a huge backpack AND a huge purse to school. I understand if you're a dancer or an actor, but for school? I just don't get it.

Slips are good things, especially when you're wearing a white or light-colored skirt and have your favorite flowered panties on. Not so cute.

Put shoes on your kid. Shoes and pants. Thank you.

Uggs. No. Unless they're the real shoes Uggs makes and not the glorified slippers...comfy as they appear.

If you're teaching a class and want to look professional, a corset top over a white button down shirt (with too many buttons undone) and a pleated miniskirt are PROBABLY not your best options to be taken seriously, unless you want to be taken seriously as a stripper. Then it's totally ok.

I am not impressed with your highly sexist beer t-shirt. Nor am I turned on by your highly sexist mudflaps. They don't make me think you're smooth and charming and sexy, they make me think you're a pig.

Don't buy into the "cute girls aren't very smart" nonsense. Either of you.

No, I am not the receptionist for the entire hallway. Look at the sign on the front of my desk and use your reasoning powers.

2 comments:

Giggles said...

Can I come sit at your desk for a few hours? Your desk sounds so much more exciting than mine.

Melissa said...

I have glorified slipper Uggs! I just realized that... (they are strictly inside the house shoes)