Sunday, March 21, 2010

This is just stupid. Or it's just me.

I'm getting into some bad sleeping habits again. Habits that hearken back to that one time I was afraid to sleep and was terribly sleep-deprived for over a year because of the exhaustion and horrific nightmares and the very weird phobia of sleep itself.

I get worked up by something and can't settle down, so I start to worry about not sleeping, and the worrying works me up even more, and I worry more, and I get more and more tired, and by the time I finally convince myself that I'm NOT going to have nightmares about people murdering my family, it's after midnight (see? ugh) and my alarm goes off around 5:30. Now, I'm not a wimp, but the accumulated months (maybe years?) of weird, restless sleeping is doing a number on me. I power through, but I really hate this. Maybe I need to start taking a melatonin supplement or something. Or finally bite the bullet and buy a new mattress. blar.

1 comment:

Giggles said...

I'm wishing you sweet dreams.