Monday, January 12, 2009

Too much to ask?

I don't think it's too much to ask that a single man over 25 has at least one pair of quality shoes, the ability to match his clothes to each other and the occasion, and more than white ankle socks in his sock drawer.

I honestly don't think it's too much to ask. I've managed to figure out what shoes are a good investment (granted, I have an advantage because I know an awful lot about clothes, but it's not that hard to do), I don't waste money on bad (cheap, ugly, low quality, etc, because inexpensive costume jewelry is just fine by me!) jewelry, and I care that my clothes match who I am, where I'm going, and each other. I refuse to look like I just got back from the gym or rolled out of bed unless I HAVE just done those things.

Get a grip, guys. You're adults now. Put a little effort into what you wear and how you look. I'm not asking you to look like Brad Pitt all the time, but pretend that what you wear matters, ok? Thanks.

3 comments:

Giggles said...

It might seem strange to have a guy tell you about his shoes when you first meet him, but in the long run it really isn't that bad of an idea.

Tropicanna said...

A wise woman once told me the only thing you CAN change about a man is his clothes...

TRS said...

I don't get it. All these guys say, "I'm just a t-shirt and jeans kinda guy."

So, they can't be NICE jeans and a NICE t-shirt? Honestly, good looking clothes don't cost any more than cruddy ones. Mostly, it just takes a little pride.