Monday, January 7, 2008

Cripple Fight, or How Many Euphamisms for Money Can I Use in One Blog?

Not because I want to see cripples fight, nor because of the South Park episode which I must admit brought me great hilarity, but because every number key across the top of my keyboard except these two--5 6--is broken. BROKEN. I cannot even express my dismay and annoyance at this because I can't type an exclamation point. Nor can I make clever asides, as is often my wont, because the parentheses are equally as broken. Or borked. Depending on what lingo you savvy.

Either I need to cough up the dinero for a new keyboard, or take this one apart and clean the thingies. Contact points. Whatever they are. As it stands, I have a nice Benq flatscreen monitor in black and a bright pink tower and a drab, greyish beige greige keyboard. Perhaps this is a sign to me to spend a few sawbucks on a new keyboard. Or perhaps this is an exercise in saving my bread and learning to express myself without the ubiquitous exclamation point. However, socking away my pesos doesn't necessarily mean I can live without my AMPERSAND. AMPERSAND, people. Ampersand, asterisk, all are useless to me now. I think maybe I can justify spending some hard-earned bread on a keyboard. After all, I shelled out plenty of clams for my new shoes, and those aren't as necessary for my computer travels as a keyboard is, although my feet will probably kill me if I return their lovely new friends.

Is my genius being destroyed for lack of wampum? Am I being inhibited by my miserly hesitance to part with some cabbage? Is my gleeful shout being stifled because I don't really want to spend more beans on a good keyboard? For goodness sake, I got a new computer for Christmas. Well, new components to put in my existing computer. In any case, why shouldn't I just fork over the coinage and get it over with?

I don't know. I have some extra moolah in the bankroll. I just have to decide what color of black to buy...

1 comment:

Giggles said...

I commend you. I don't think I could ever use that many euphemisms for money in one post.